Thursday 20 February 2014

I'm stuck here on this island…

Considering it is Thursday, I have decided to do a little ‘throw-back’ from when I saw Twin Atlantic live. On Monday the 5th of November 2012, I went to Norwich, UEA LCR with a couple of my firends to see Twin Atlantic perform with support of the brilliant Charlie Simpson from Busted (do you remember him?!) and Dead Sara.
Charlie-Simpson-Norwich-UEA-4
Charlie Simpson
As we walked into the venue, luckily we managed to grab ourselves a comfortable spot on the steps where we could see clearly. Personally, i was a little disappointed with Dead Sara, however on the other hand, when Charlie Simpson came on, I was very excited. I knew all of the songs he played and i really enjoyed the set.
Next Twin Atlantic came on and we knew they were about to come on stage because Bohemian Rhapsody began to play. The lights were flashing and the crowd were cheering excited for the entrance of Twin Atlantic. Their set mainly consisted of their new album ‘Free’ but they played a few songs from their other albums too! If you want to read more about Twin Atlantics ‘Free’ album click here because i wrote a post last month about it.
“I think i just needed a rush”, I love these lines in their song ‘Yes i was drunk’ because they really suited my feelings during the gig. I love seeing bands live precisely for this reason.
IMG_0009
images
Twin Atlantic at Norwich UEA, 5th November 2012
proxy
More about Twin Atlantic:
Originally from Glasgow, the band members of Twin Atlantic include: Sam McTrusty (Guitar/ Lead vocals), Barry McKenna (Guitar/ Keyboard/ Cello/ Backing vocals), Ross McNae (Bass/ Keyboard/ Backing vocals) and Craig Kneale (Drums). They have had a very successful career so far and therefore have had the opportunity support many high profile bands. They have supported Aereogramme, Circa Survive, Biffy Clyro, Finch, The Fall of Troy, Thrice, Say Anything, The Smashing Pumpkins, Blink 182, The Gaslight Anthem, Taking Back Sunday, My Chemical Romance, Angels & Airwaves, Enter Shikari, The Subways, The Swellers, and You Me At Six. Through these support roles and several headline tours of their own they have built a strong and ever-growing fan base.


No comments:

Post a Comment