Friday 31 January 2014

Free


Free is an album written by a Scottish band called Twin Atlantic who formed in early 2007.
The album is about being free (of course), taking life one day at a time but also living life to the full! The album artwork is what truly interested me because I discovered that each picture is part of one of their songs in the album. For example, I believe the gas container is a take on the song ‘Free’ named after the album because the lyrics include; “I set my body on fire so I could be free”.
In my opinion this is such a great album and I really do love listening to it, especially when I am in a bad mood because it never fails to cheer me up. My favourite lyrics are all on the image below which was cleverly placed into the outlines of the artwork.
wow
More about Twin Atlantic:
Originally from Glasgow, the band members of Twin Atlantic include: Sam McTrusty (Guitar/ Lead vocals), Barry McKenna (Guitar/ Keyboard/ Cello/ Backing vocals), Ross McNae (Bass/ Keyboard/ Backing vocals) and Craig Kneale (Drums). They have had a very successful career so far and therefore have had the opportunity support many high profile bands. They have supported Aereogramme, Circa Survive, Biffy Clyro, Finch, The Fall of Troy, Thrice, Say Anything, The Smashing Pumpkins, Blink 182, The Gaslight Anthem, Taking Back Sunday, My Chemical Romance, Angels & Airwaves, Enter Shikari, The Subways, The Swellers, and You Me At Six. Through these support roles and several headline tours of their own they have built a strong and ever-growing fan base.

No comments:

Post a Comment